1. Where to buy glucometer test strips?
The test strips are used to measure glucose levels (blood sugar) with a glucometer and are available at medical equipment centers such as Casa Médica.
2. What measure test strips?
The test strips are used to measure the levels of glucose (blood sugar) with a glucometer.
3. What is the name of the instrument used to measure glucose?
Glucometer, measure the amount of glucose (capillary blood sugar) and inform us if the glucose is in the desired objectives.
4. What is the price of a glucometer?
Prices vary between Q350 and Q450 depending on the functionality.
5. How are the test strips cared for in diabetes?
The test strips measure the glucose in the blood, they give a
true result on the glucose levels.
6. Are the glucometer and the test strips effective in the control of diabetes?
Having a glucose meter is extremely important, since measuring blood glucose is one of the main ways to control diabetes. This measure tells you your blood glucose level at any time, which reduces the risk of developing a long-term complication of diabetes.
7. What is the most effective way to use the test strips?
The most effective way to use the test strips is to carry out a self-control scheme indicated by health professionals, to achieve the desired objectives in terms of ideal glucose levels.
8. Does diabetes have no cure?
Diabetes is a chronic disease that is controlled and to this day can not be cured. Diabetes is a disease that with the necessary information and the appropriate treatment can have an excellent quality of life and prevent the complications of the disease.
9. How to control blood glucose levels?
According to the American Diabetes Association, it is recommended that you measure your glucose levels at least 3 times a week before and two hours after eating. Measuring yourself will help you make adjustments in meals and activities so that your body can function in the best way. It is important that before controlling your blood sugar level wash your hands with water, soap and dry well; Since the substances present in your skin (such as dirt, food or lotion) can produce inaccurate results.
10. Where can I buy test strips in Guatemala?
The test strips are sold in medical equipment centers such as Casa.
Medical and some pharmacies.
11. How much do the test strips cost?
The price of the test strips varies between Q4 each.
12. Does it matter what brand test strips?
95% of glucose meters and test strips meet the standards.
ISO therefore, the brand must be supported by these standards.
to ensure quality